Social Accountability Policy
ARTOS GROUP supports and respects the protection of international human rights within the sphere of our influence, and ensures that we are not complicit in human rights abuses.
ARTOS GROUP is a Socially Accountable company. We will conform to all requirements of national and international law, and respect any international instruments and their interpretation on Social Accountability, including, but not limited to, ILO Conventions 29, 87, 98, 100, 105, 111, 135, 138, 155, 159, 177, 182, ILO Recommendations 146, 164, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, The U.N. Convention of the Rights of the Child, and the U.N. Convention to Eliminate All Forms of Discrimination Against Women.
We will strive to continually improve the ways in which we promote, communicate and manage Social Accountability with our employees, our customers, our suppliers and the community at large. We will ensure that this policy is reviewed periodically, communicated and is accessible to all staff.
- will continue to encourage all suppliers and contractors to comply with the same standards.
- ensure that forced labor is not used in the production of our products and ensures that the overall terms of employment are voluntary. No personnel are required to lodge “deposits” or identity papers upon commencing employment with our company.
- complies with local minimum age laws and requirements, and does not employ child labor.
- provides a safe and healthy working environment at all sites and facilities, and takes adequate steps to prevent accidents and injury to health by minimizing the causes of hazards in the working environment. We ensure that no children or workers are exposed in situations inside or outside the workplace that are hazardous, unsafe, or unhealthy.
- compensates our workers with wages and benefits that meet or exceed the legally required minimum. We do not dock or withhold pay for disciplinary or punitive reasons.
- does not require employees to work more than the maximum hours of daily labor set by local laws. We comply with overtime pay requirements and we limit overtime to avoid exceeding 12 hours per week.
- prohibits discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, union membership, or political affiliation.
- prohibits physical abuse, harassment, mental or physical coercion and verbal abuse or the threat of any of the foregoing.
- respects the rights of workers to organize in labor unions in accordance with local laws and established practice.